I have windows XP but firefox does not recognize my system and says it does not support my system. What can I do to upgrade?
While it says you support windows XP it refused to allow me to upgrade.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
6 months ago
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- PopCap Games Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100914 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
For some reason, your browser is identifying your OS as Windows NT4, which is from the 90s. This is the useragent string associated with your question:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You may want to reset all manual changes to the useragent. This article describes the steps: Websites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser | Troubleshooting | Firefox Help.