I cannot change my homepage
I downloaded IMesh and now it keeps reverting to http://search.imesh.com/. I got to tools, options, and reset the homepage, but the next time I open the browser, it's back to http://search.imesh.com/. I've removed the IMesh software from my computer but it didn't help.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded IMesh
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I've removed IMesh from my computer, but I still can't change my homepage back.
1. In the location bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
2. In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL 3. Double click it and remove whatever's in there. You'll see it revert to "Default" and "String". 4. Go to File | Exit 5. Restart Firefox, go to the site you want to set as your homepage. 6. Go to Tools | Options | General. 7. Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu. 8. Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.
Modified by huutriet