How can I recover/restore recent history after it's been deleted?
My daughter deleted recent history. My Facebook account has a layer of protection that stored my computer information. When she deleted the history, Facebook no longer is able to detect my computer and I am not able to log into Facebook. How can I recover or restore the history (everything)?
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
You can not recover history that has been deleted.
It sounds like the Facebook password has been deleted. You should be able to reset your Facebook password - https://www.facebook.com/recover.php
My Facebook password is still valid. Because I deleted the history, it also deleted the information regarding my computer so Facebook is not recognizing my computer.
Facebook does not need any of the history in Firefox. Deleting history does not delete data about the computer.
What is the full error message that you are getting?
Facebook has a new security option that allows users to register their cell phone number. If an unknown device tries to access my Facebook account, Facebook will send a code via text message. This code must be used in order to access Facebook. My cell phone number was deleted from Facebook and I deleted the history. Once I deleted the history, my computer is no longer recognized by Facebook. When I log into Facebook, I receive an error that states that I don't have a phone number listed on my account. Please login from a recognized device to regain access to your account.
I delete my history frequently. One I do this and log into Facebook, a code is sent to me via text so that I can log in from an unknown device. Since there's no phone number listed on my account and I deleted my history, I cannot log into Facebook.
I was trying to restore my history thru index.dat file.
index.dat is not one of the files used by Firefox, that is for Internet Explorer. You may need to contact Facebook to get access to your account again.
Once history and cookies are deleted in Firefox they can not be recovered.
I was afraid of that. Thank you.
hay katie028 .. i am also facing the same issue. Please tell whether you got back your account or not. Please Do tell me .. I don't know how my cell no is deleted. :(
Most likely it was cookies as well as history that were deleted. You should be able to log into Facebook again to access your account.
I am having the same issue- Im locked out of my own account and no devices are recognized. Im so bummed! Of all the times- im at my best friends wedding. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I havent gotten a response from the facebook team and so far have absolutely no leads on how to fix. I tried password reset and new codes to my cell, but my phone is also not recognized.