how to rollback from firefox 5 to firefox 4
my update was set to beta. and since i'm in beta firefox 5, many of my extensions do not work. i switched the update back to release but i'm still in firefox 5. is there anyway to rollback without reinstalling the program entirely.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
- Go to Download Firefox 4.0.1 and download the installation file to your desktop.
- Then go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to "Mozilla Firefox" and remove it, choosing to keep your bookmarks, customizations etc., (don't checkmark the box).
- Then reboot and delete the folder called "Mozilla Firefox" at this location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- Finally run the installation file you downloaded to the desktop earlier.
Your bookmarks, customizations etc., are maintained in a different location and will become available to you again once you complete the installation.
When i go to the posted link the only option given is for 5. Doesn't offer 4.0.1 anywhere and the present ,5, version is not compatable with |Curse Client, which I need. Any suggestion that actually works to get rid of 5 and go back to 4.0.1 would be appreciated.
Older versions found here http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php
I can't find the download for 4.01 either via a page...
This page has v3.6 on it (scroll over to the right):
I was however able to download it by maniuplating the URL to this:
Hope that helps...