How do I recover Firefox tabs?
I always click out of Firefox by hitting the box to save tabs from this session. I am a very visual person and having those tabs restored vastly helps me with my next work session. Two days ago I clicked out, and when I came back on, Firefox went to my default Google homepage, with no additional tabs. I have been laboriously working my way through past history (which includes EVERY time I opened an email, so it is dense), but wondered if there was some way to recover the tabs without the extensive search? any help appreciated. Thank You.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I turned on computer two days ago
- 20-20 3D Viewer - Mozilla Plug-In v188.8.131.52
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) SearchToolbar/1.2
Check the following setting to make sure it is set to open the last set of tabs
- In the Tools menu select Options to open the options window
- Go to the General panel
- Change the setting "When Firefox starts" to "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
If it is set correctly, the file that stores details of sessions may be corrupt, you can delete that file to see if it helps.
- Open your profile folder, for details of how to find it see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles
- Close Firefox
- In the profile folder delete sessionstore.js
- Re-start Firefox a couple of times to see if it remembers the tabs
Make sure to use File > Exit to close all open Firefox windows at once, that usually works best in combination with "Show my windows and tabs from last time"