HOw do I set my home page using firefox 4 for windows 7?
I actually have a few questions & I'm praying someone can help me.
1) I accidently installed a toolbar (mp3tube toolbar). I removed it using Control Panel, Uninstall. But it's STILL THERE! How do I get rid of it?
2) Since installing the evil toolbar I can't set my home page. I googled the steps to take, but they were for OS XP. I use Windows 7. How can I change my home page? I want to go to the mozilla page that says *Restore Previous Session?* I use Firefox 4, Windows 7.
Any help will be SOOOO APPRECIATED!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
1/ check the Firefox add-ons manager, in particular the Extensions section, you may be able to remove it from there. For details see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Uninstalling+add-ons
2/ This article shows how to set the home page - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
The page you want to set as the home page is called about:home. Type about:home into the location bar and press enter, this brings up the page you want to set as the home page, then drag the icon as shown in the above link onto the home button to set it as your home page.
You can also open up the Options window, go to the general panel, then click the "Restore to Default" to set the home page back to about:home
Thank you so much Tony. I now have my home page set where I want it. Am inn the process of trying your other suggestion on how to get rid of the evil toolbar, lol.
HOW TO REMOVE THE MP3TOOLBAR FROM ITS ROOTS ?
CLOSE ALL YOUR BROWSER. OPEN THE MYCOMPUTER AND SEARCH MP3TUBETOOLBAR.(WHATEVER THE NAME) SELECT ALL THE FILES AND SHIFT + DELETE. IF IT DOESN’T DELETE FINE. MOVE TO NEXT STEP . GO TO C:\Program Files\MP3TOOLBAR (KIND OF NAME.I DON’T REMEMEBR EXACTS) There You will have 3-4 files and one ” uninstall. Run As Administrator “Uninstall”(Funny,A virus doesn’t uninstall itself,but go through it) Then Select All remaining Files and Press Shift+ Delete . The Windows would say
“ cant delete Because its open in such and such program”
“cant delete Because its open in such and such service “
If it’s a program - Remember the so so name of the program
Press alt+ctrl+del and click task manager . In the Task Manger , click the process tab . Now find that “mp3…” program in the list. Select. Right Click on it and Select Kill Process Tree .
Go Back to that c:/program files/ mp3…. And again select all .Press Shift + Delete
Most Probably Now it’s a Service that wont delete. So Click the round“Windows” circle on the left down corner. In “ Search Programs and Files” write” services”.
At The Top under “control panel” click “ View Local Services” A window would open with heading “services” With lots of wheels Now Search for Name “ mp3….” Select. Right click. Click stop service. Don’t close the window. Again right click the it and click properties. copy the service name : “ mp3… “. Good close the window . Again go to the Windows Circle on Desktop and write” cmd”(but don’t click enter) On Top “cmd “. With icon would appear.Right click “Run As Administrator” Cmd Black Window opens . Write Exact(plz note the string comma”) -> sc delete “ Right click. Click Paste. sc delete “mp3 …….” (close it with the string comma”) press enter. Delete Successful . Now back to shift+ delete that c:/program file/mp3.. folder. Clap. Clap. You are out of the clap trap.
sc delete "mp3... "
Yay, ok I found the easy fix! The easiest way to remove the mp3tube toolbar from Firefox is to type about:config into the address bar at the top of the browser. It will take you to a blank page that has a warning( I have enclosed an image) click through that and right click and remove anything that has mp3tube in it. Bada Bing no more mp3tube nightmare. :)