How do I permanently delete a bookmark? Running 3.0.8
I am currently running 3.0.8. For unknown reasons I am unable to upgrade. I have several bookmarks that I am unable to permanently delete. I can delete them during my session but when I close and reopen Firefox the deleted bookmarks are still there.
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.9, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Please do the following first of all.
- Go to Download Firefox v3.6.17 and download it to the desktop.
- Then go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to "Mozilla Firefox" and remove it, choosing to keep your bookmarks, customizations etc., (don't checkmark the box).
- Then reboot and delete the folder called "Mozilla Firefox" at this location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- Finally run the installation file you downloaded to the desktop earlier.
- Your bookmarks, customizations etc., are maintained in a different location and will become available to you again once you complete the installation.
Next, update the following.
- Adobe Flash via http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Adobe Reader via http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
- Java via http://www.java.com/en/
If the problem persists after performing the above steps, please try running Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode. If it functions properly in that configuration, then one of your add-ons is the culprit.
Thank you for your reply unfortunately I am unable to upgrade my browser due to some unknow problem with the OS. I tried uninstalling the browser and deleting the program file and reinstalling it but I am still left with the original bookmarks with several that I wish to permantly delete. Any other suggestions?
You should be able to delete bookmarks via the Bookamrk manager (press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL). Right click each one and then choose Delete.
But v3.0.8 is an unsafe browser which exposes your system to attack. Provided you can download 3.6.17 from the link I gave you, yopu should be able install it by booting Windows into Safe Mode and then installing it from there.
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.