firefox is unable to show the toolbar
I have read most of the information available for the, "Firefox is not able to show the Toolbar. Please re-install the Toolbar" fixes and nothing works. I can get google toolbar and any other toolbars I want to use but I cannot seem to get rid of this stupid button and the space it wastes at the top of the screen. Is there an easy fix that doesnt require an engineering degree?
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Roblox Launcher Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode:
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)
After quite a few hours of enabling and disabling plug-ins and extensions I finally found the culprit. It turned out not to be a plug-in, but the AVG Security Toolbar extension, I also disabled AVG Search just in case. After disabling them both I had no problem. I hope this helps. ;)