How do I replace Bing search with Google in FF 3.6?
I have tried the suggestions I found on the help-site, but they don't work. When I look in the about:config and filter with keyword.url, it says that google IS the searchengine, but every time I search for something Bing shows up as searchengine. How the heck can I get Bing out of my FF 3.6?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; nb-NO; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode:
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)