Newest upgrade is not compatible with Mac10.4.11. Hate the warnings when I can't do anything about it. Suggestions?
I have downloaded newest version but it will not operate on eMac 10.4.11. Are there any alternatives that will provide adequate security?
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I attempted to install new version
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009032608 Firefox/3.0.8
Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac. There is a third party version of Firefox 4 that runs on OS X 10.4/10.5 and PPC Macs, for details see http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox
If you prefer, you can get the latest version of Firefox 3.6 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html