I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and I cannot download Firefox 4 because it says it is incompatible with my operating system, although supposedly it is compatible with OS X 10.5
I would like to download Firefox 4. I get an error message during download saying it is incompatible with my operating system and that it needs OS X 10.5 or 10.6 but I AM using 10.5.8, so what might be the problem?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to download Firefox this morning
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071101000050
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110121 Firefox/3.5.17
Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac. There is a third party version of Firefox 4 that runs on OS X 10.4/10.5 and PPC Macs, for details see http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox
If you prefer, you can get the latest version of Firefox 3.6 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html