While trying to upgrade to Firefox 4 on my new macbook, i get the error message "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items." What do I do??
I download the upgrade, am prompted to move it into the applications folder, and when attempting to do so, receive the error message....
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
trying to upgrade firefox
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Version 184.108.40.20668
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
If you get an error message that you do not have sufficient permissions or have other problems with updating to update then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.