In v4 why did you flip the context menu for open in new tab/window. Sucks when you are used to the other way
I downgraded to 3.x because when I browse I have many new open windows (I have been using FF for so long I automatically select the second option). Seems stupid to change the order of the context menu when it has been the other way forever.
Please change it back or at least have the order as an option.
Additional System Details
- Logitech Device Detection
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Express View Browser Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- The ECW plugin allows you to view gigabyte size imagery over the internet. Visit http://www.ermapper.com for more information.
- Progress bar for Image Web Server Images
- Tool bar for Image Web Server Images
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
So the answer from TonyE was "That was an intentional change to promote the use of tabbed browsing." (See http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/791244)
And there is an option to use a menu editor to put them back detailed in that thread as well. The problem, of course, is that you need to perform a complex customization to every computer on which you use Firefox in order to fix a problem that should never have been created, never made it through beta, and that the developers won't fix because they believe that they are right.
Frankly, eventually you get used to it. But in the mean time, they have annoyed, and in many cases pissed-off a large segment of their users for no reason at all.