computer crashed but now restored. how do i get my old bookmarks back
running windows 7 with the new firefox
computer was restored to windows 7 after it stopped working. still has the same drive and i still have all of my old files in the "windows.old" folder.
how do i restore my bookmarks that i had from before the crash?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Your bookmarks (and history) are in a database file named places.sqlite in your old Firefox profile folder. If you restore that folder to the expected location, you should pick up where you left off (which is good if Firefox was working well at the time).
This article should help: Recovering important data from an old profile.
thank you for that i tried to replace just places.sqlite but it did not work. when i replaced everything in the folder it worked though.
either way, it worked!!! thank you