I hate SOOO many things about firefox 4 that I'm ready to switch to another browser. The new version is ridiculous!! Y'all are looking more like Microsoft with this one!
(1) I can't give feedback because you keep telling me i don't have the latest version. I DOWNLOAD/REINSTALL and you contniue to tell me the same thing!!! (2) I can't stand not being able to go back by clicking the arrow. I keep having to right click and select where I want to go! (3) I exited through the menu to save my active pages and when I reloaded, it started over!!! (4) I continually have to turn off the bookmark toolbar and turn it back on to get my buttons back! (5) Whenever I select "open in new window" a blank window opens and nothing loads!
The advantages that I had when using firefox are gone! I will be trying other browsers. I think it's time to try chrome or safari.
It's really too bad you lost what you had. I was a HUGE supporter of firefox, but version 4 is terrible!!!!
Modified by txuser11
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to firefox 4
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
Nothing. This should work as the other versions did. I don't have time to troubleshoot YOUR package.
I am extremely disappointed.
Regarding #1, your post says you have a beta version of Firefox 4. That may well be incorrect, but that is why the site says you do not have the latest version.
Losing graphics on the bookmarks toolbar and not having a working back button are not normal, but I'm not sure whether you want to troubleshoot Firefox 4, roll back to Firefox 3.6, or just move on.
How can we help?