I can not type a url in the browser window when I open a new tab. Why not?
I open a new tab click in browser window and see cursor but it does not blink. If I click in google search window it works fine. I can redirect using bookmarks but if I want to just type it in, it acts blocked or locked. Could I have done something to cause this? How can I fix this?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Spontaneously 2 nights ago on both my Mac and Windows laptops
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Are you using the same extensions on both computers?
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.