Is anyone aware of problems between Firefox 4 and uploading media on Wordpress 3.1.1? I'm getting errors since upgrading to FF 4.
Getting error message: The uploaded file could not be moved to D:\Inetpub\vhosts\gwfrt.com\httpdocs/wp-content/uploads.
Laptop: IBM ThinkPad.
Hasn't happened before. Started after upgrading to FF4. Using WP 3.1.1.
I'm not a programmer or website whiz--I just maintain this site.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator [Didn't know--I don't use NN and don't see it under programs]
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
The error message is odd the way it switches from backslashes to forward slashes. That doesn't seem right.
I have a WordPress 3.1.2 installation on a Linux server. In HTML view, I uploaded and inserted a new piece of media (GIF file from the hard drive) using Firefox 4.0.1. No problem. This is with the default theme and no special plugins. I looked briefly at the WordPress forums and didn't see anything useful.
I'm not sure what to suggest next, but I can't help thinking that path name is a problem.