I need to down load the newest version for a mac X and then make it work. I keep getting the message on my original Firefox that it is no longer protected against attacks. I've tried to download 4 but it tells me my computer is not compatable for it.
It is an older computer purchased in 2003. What would be the newest version of Firefox that a mac mosX could run?
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Test Your JVM.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/18.104.22.168
Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
If you have OS X 10.3.9 or earlier, the last version of Firefox that works on that version is Firefox 22.214.171.124 available from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/126.96.36.199/mac/en-US/
If you have OS X 10.4 or 10.5, there is a third party version of Firefox 4 that runs on OS X 10.4/10.5 and PPC Macs, for details see http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox
For OS X 10.4 or 10.5, if you prefer, you can get the latest version of Firefox 3.6 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
Thank you. It solved my problem.