FF4.0 I load a bunch of tabs off sessions manager. then when I go to any tab for the first time, it reloads! you can see the "connect" message flashing, and the the page loads. they used to load all at the beginning so when i went to any tab, the page will already be there.
Modified by pdani
Additional System Details
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Heppkat Communicator
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
That is a deliberate change to speed up the browser start. Only a few tabs are loaded.
- Load Tabs Progressively: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/91919/
- Reload Tabs Progressively: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/70437/
- Restore Control: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/restore-control/
- BarTab: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/67651/
thanks for your reply cor-el - is there a way for me to control this process? You say "a few tabs are loaded" - which ones? can I tell which ones without loading them e.g. hovering over them or a right-click option will show me if it is loaded or not? can I control this? I looked at the add-ons you list here, BarTab looks interesting but not available for FF4 - I would love to be able to unload tabs once they are loaded - is there a way to do this? BarTab says it will, so I hope it will become available for FF4.As for Load Tab Progressively - I don't understand - it looks like it will do the same as what you are telling me FF does already? Restore Control also doesn't work with FF4. So it looks like I need some more education on this subject - I try to find some or if you have any ideas, please post. It sound like a good idea and I need to play with it. thanks for your help, Dani' '
Modified by pdani
There is a pref that is related to this feature.
I've never tested it, so you have to see for yourself.
You can look at the Integer pref browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs on the about:config page and increase the value or try a value of -1, that might reload them all.