I upgraded to the new version "4" and it will not load any websites..."unable to locate server" is all i get and cannot figure out the problem ....had to delete and go back to an earlier version whichi understand is unsafe...what to do?
I upgraded to the new version "4" and it will not load any websites..."unable to locate server" is all i get and cannot figure out the problem ....had to delete and go back to an earlier version which i understand is unsafe...what to do?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to 4
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Heppkat Communicator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Office Live Update v1.3
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- SmileyCentral Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
That was probably caused by your Firewall blocking the newly installed version of Firefox.
No known security issues with Firefox 3.6.17, which was just released this past week.