i can't go to a website by pressing enter anymore
in the past, i could type in a web address and press enter instead of having to use the mouse to go to said website. i've uninstalled and reinstalled thinking it was a glitch, but it's done it every time. just wondering if it's just me or if it's effecting everybody.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
firefox 4.0 or 4.01 was downloaded
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.16, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Enter definitely works for me on Windows 7 with Fx4.0.1. Some toolbars and other add-ons are known to change the way the toolbars and tabs behave, so you might try using Firefox's Safe Mode as a diagnostic to see whether disabling add-ons solves the problem.
First, I suggesting making a backup of your computer for safekeeping. To back up Firefox, see Backing up your information.
Next, try starting Firefox in Firefox Safe Mode. Be careful not to "reset" anything permanently if you didn't back up.
Does that fix it? If so, you can disable all your add-ons and revive the most essential, or disable the ones most recently installed, or... you get the idea. Some trial and error may be involved.
If you have AVG Safe Search then start with that extension
Disable your add-ons and then restart. If You have AVG safe search installed then it is most likely your problem.
Oops. You already posted the fix haha.
That was it for me - I had AVG Safe Search installed as an add-on, and it said it was incompatible with Firefox 6. Disabled it, restarted Firefox, and I can press enter in the address bar again. Huzzah :D Cheers!