The security text, like Captcha text, isn't visible. What do I do?
Whenever I try to sign up for a website, such as the Supernatural Wiki, and Firefox Personas, I can't see the captcha security text. I can see it on youtube after i post several posts in a row, but if I try to sign-up for something, I can't see the captcha.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in Tools > Page Info > Permissions
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images)
There are also extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) that can block images.
I put all my permissions right, still doesn't work, seems to be the same problem as: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2977
Modified by debas
Did you check for extensions that can block the CAPTCHA ?
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I had the same problem and i have many extensions addons.So i disabled all of them and the Captcha problem was solved.The problem for me was with the HTTPS Everywhere extension... somehow it was blocking the captcha image.
Hope it helped.
Hello, I had the same problem with mine, I was using the Disconnect extension. I disabled it and now the captcha loads properly.