SPEED DIAL and OPENING Firefox
Why is that every time I open Firefox I do not have all my SPEED DIAL sites that I created? Also, Firefox will not open when I click on it to open; it just flashes the page like it is trying to open, I have to disconnect from the network provider and then Firefox opens. What is going on with this new Firefox? I want to downgrade to the previous version; no problems with that version.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Four days ago when I upgraded. (April 24, 2011)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Bing Bar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Regarding your Speed Dial list, I'm guessing that was created using an add-on. Can you check to see whether it was disabled because it wasn't compatible with Firefox 4:
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions
If there's no update and you can't live without it, sure, you can reinstall 3.6.16. First, make a backup of your computer for safekeeping. To back up Firefox, see Backing up your information.
Next, download and save Firefox 3.6 to your desktop for future installation. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older
Close Firefox 4, and uninstall it. Do not remove your personal data and settings, just the program.
Then finally you can reinstall Firefox 3.6. Unless you have installed an incompatible add-on, it should pick up where you left off. If there are serious issues, please post back with details.
Note: I haven't actually tried this downgrade myself!