My add-on toolbar buttons keep disappearing when closing and re-opening Firefox...toolbar grey-space area is there but buttons are not. How do i get them back and make sure they remain in place?
Installed Add-on, 3rd party toolbar (2 toolbar add-ons) disappears after Firefox browser is closed and re-opened. This happens regularly and I keep having to manually add the toolbar buttons via the customise option.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This can be cause by a problem with the file that stores details of toolbar customizations. For details of how to fix that see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Toolbar+keeps+resetting
I was losing all of my toolbar buttons about once a week. Since I tried the "fix" above, it's happening every day. Every single day I have to re-customize before I can begin to work. This is seriously infuriating.
Solution that worked for me provided by cor-el: [https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/que.../822834?new=1]
The second Google cache link works. To find the file in Windows, in Firefox click "Help", then "Troubleshooting Information". In the new tab that opens click the box "Open Containing Folder" under Application Basics and next to Profile Directory. Close Firefox. Find the file "localstore.rdf" (in the Windows folder you just opened) and delete. Open Firefox and customize your toolbars. Should be the last time you have to do it.