Where have my Restore Session tabs gone?
PLEASE help. I had a load of tabs open in my Firefox session which were really important. They were all open to reimind me of jobs I had to do.
I don't know what's happened now - but they're not there.
PLEASE - is there anyway I can get them back? Is the Restore Session tab somewhere in History
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Click History, then Restore Previous Session.
Yeah that was blank. Is there anywhere Firefox keeps a record of all Restore Sessions - there must be somewhere? Sorry for delay in replying
EDIT: This add-on might be useful to you: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/
Modified by Xircal
I just had this problem after a toolbar install wiped my previous session of several tabs over several tab groups, about:sessionrestore was empty. I'm a little late to the party, but for the sake of posterity, here's how I got my session back.
I followed Xircal's first link, and decided to locate the firefox app data in window's users folder. Once I told explorer to show hidden files, I found the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files I was seeking, as well as session.rdf, under AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profile... I have Windows 7, but this should work if you have system restore active and backed-up regularly. I don't know if XP/Vista have the option in the context menu, or if those users would have to try a system restore.
- Close firefox.
- Locate your firefox profile's AppData (above.)
- Right-click to select "Restore previous sessions" on each sessionstore file, and session.rdf for good measure.
- In the dialog that comes up, you have to click the restore button (there was only one previous version of each file for me.)
- Launch firefox again and it should be back to normal.
Modified by JediMobius
Thanks, JediMobius. Once your previous session has been wiped out, this is the only way to get it back. I knew Firefox had to have it backed up somewhere.