When I download a program, It appears as downloaded in the download box, but when I click it, It says it's a Binary File & won't open it, When I try to search for the program, nothing appears, How do I get Firefox to allow me to run other programs?
- This problem fails for EVERY Program I try to download.
- In the download, it shows it has been downloaded. It gives the size, the website where I got it from.
- When I right click, it just gives me options to delete it off the list
- When I first try to download it, it will cancel automatically, I have to go back and click refresh on the download.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded Firefox from Internet Explorer and started using Firefox Permanately.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.17.3 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Where you type a URL.
Okay did that, but there is an error message saying the installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection settings. Please visit the following website for more information...http://java.com/en/download/help/index.xml
Can you try and download the file with IE8 please.
What is the IE8?
Internet Explorer 8
By the way, after you download the file, make sure you close Firefox (or IE8) before you run the installer.
When I try to open IE8 it won't let me do anything, the location bar says this mhtb:missing?site=http://www.google.com/
OK, going back to your own post where you wrote: the installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection settings , that gives me the impression that you already have the file on your PC and tried to run it, but might have had Firefox still open. Is that correct?
I'm not really sure what you're getting at... I use Firefox, not IE8... ...wait... ok .. am i not supposed to have had Firefox running when I try to run it?
Yes, exactly. Close Firefox before you attempt to run the Java installer.
Okay, still didn't work; same message
Are you using a proxy?