Automatic firefox update fails. Does not connect to update server why?
I usually get an update message every day that pops on my laptop. When I click update now, it tries to connect to the update server and stays there for hours and hours. I usually give up at the fourth hour. I have been trying to update for the past 2 months now.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave for Director 11.5.8r612
- Version 126.96.36.1999
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.4
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
Do not know.
- Download a new copy of the Firefox program
- Firefox 4.0: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
This problem occurred 3 days ago after I downloaded the latest version firefox 4.0 Why do I have to reinstall it again to fix the problem?
I had the same problem running FF 7.0 on OSX 10.6.8
Find Firefox 4.0 here: http://mac.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=100
I couldn't find the 4.0 version at: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
Modified by 11pies
I'm trying to upgrade to v12 and I have the same problem. Also the Hide button doesn't and the Pause button doesn't work.