How do I get rid of Bing?
When I last updated Firefox I somehow added Bing. How do I get rid of it?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Bing is added to the search engines that you can use for searching via the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar. If Bing is selected then you can choose another search engine by clicking the search engines icon. Open Manage Search Engines and click "Restore defaults" is some are missing or do a search on the Mycroft site.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for bing via the Filter at the top of that page.
You can reset all bing related prefs via the right-click context menu to their default values.
Duh, what's a location bar? Jim
The location bar is the address bar where you type the address of a website to go to.
Modified by cor-el