fiefox doesn't show under control panel add/remove programs
I want to uninstall firefox 4. I run XP. When I go to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Mozilla Firefox does not appear in the populated list of programs. How do I get rid of this program? Thank you.
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- 3D Life Player Beta (188.8.131.52). For more information, visit the 3D Life Player web site.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupon Print Activator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can manually uninstall Firefox by deleting its files and folders, for details see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox
Thanks tony. I am not sure this is a solution to my problem. I am running firefox 4 under Win XP. I want to uninstall Firefox. When I go to START, CONTROL PANEL, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS, Firefox is not shown in the list of programs on my computer. I have a shortcut on my desktop. How do I get rid of Firefox 4. Sorry if I seem dense but I am frustrated by Firefox 4 and want to get rid of it.
The link I posted above gives details of the files and folders that you can delete to manually remove Firefox if the uninstaller does not work or is not available.
Look in the section titled "On Windows", a few lines below that it states "Even if the uninstall fails, as it may in some cases, continue on with the rest of the uninstall instructions." Just below there it gives details of what you can delete.
Tony. Thank you I will follow the instructions you referenced. Hopefully that will take care of things.