Typing somethng in address bar brings up bing search how do I change that?
I usually type anything in address bar such as dodge viper and under Google search I can find images but lately this has been changing to bing search and I do not like bing so was wondering how to change that?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After I installed a program onto my computer.
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Have to uninstall and reinstall firefox to revert it back to Google search again. Want to know how to change it without uninstall and reinstall.
To revert to the default Google search:
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- Locate the preference keyword.URL, right-click on it and choose Reset
This will make Firefox show a Google search result page when searching from the address bar. You can change it to the Firefox 3.6 behavior of going straight to the site if there is a clear match by double-clicking on keyword.URL and changing it to the link shown below:
If it still goes to Bing after changing keyword.URL, there will be an add-on that is causing this behavior. To track down what one you can use the procedure in this link - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes