What is the WPI detector plugin?
I have found this plugin installed in my Firefox browser but I have not the faintest idea of its usefullness
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 4,50,0,2929
- Version 0.8.6b, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
WPI is part of the Microsoft Web Platform Installer package. For more information, please visit Microsoft at the following link:
Thanks for using Firefox!
- ) Ryan
The WPI file extension is associated with WCPUID and used for its plug-in files. WCPUID is an old program that displays the CPU information of your personal computer.(from:http://www.file-extensions.org/wpi-file-extension)
This is a really poor way to design a plug in without any easily visible references (Microsoft or otherwise) included in it. Shame.
You can find additional info in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/wpi,version=X.X. There's a "Vendor" value, and in this case, it does say "Microsoft".
Modified by shaakir