permanently disable private browsing
I don't want to just turn off the private browsing function, I want to delete it from the tolls drop down menu all together. How can I do this?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Well you can delete it using this add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/menu-editor/ Install it, restart firefox, go to tools -> addons -> menu editor options. Select 'Tools' from the dropdown box below 'Edit Menu'. Scroll down to Private Browsing, click on the green colored tick mark next to it, and you're done. However, it can still be accessed by typing about:privatebrowsing in the address bar. To disable, To permanently disable private browsing in Firefox: IMPORTANT: This alteration MAY effect the way Firefox automatically restores tabs and may have potential effects on your Firefox Add-ons. 1. First, ensure that the program is closed. 2. Go to your windows drive (usually drive C), browse to "/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/components/". 3. Delete the file "nsPrivateBrowsingService.js".
Modified by Rejjy
I just published an extension to disable private browsing here. Do note that it is trivial for a savvy user to disable this add-on. But it might help some users in some cases. Please give feedback on the add-on page if the add-on does or does not work for you.