How to put new bookmarks into a bookmark folder
I want to organize my new bookmarks by putting them in the correct folders but this version of Firefox doesn't seem to have the bookmark sidebar like the old version. I choose "show all bookmarks" and it shows the folders but not the new bookmarks. The help file is only for the older versions of Firefox. Can someone please step me through this please. Thanks. Please notify me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modified by artsiii
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Firefox 4 and Win7
After you click on Show All Bookmarks, click on the Bookmarks Menu which is showing in both the right and left side panels. Click on either side. This would bring up all of your bookmarks.
Hello Amy. Maybe I'm being dense but when I click on Show All Bookmarks I am presented with a new screen. It has a sidebar like the old Firefox but the folders are shown but none of the new bookmarks i want to organize. I must be doing something wrong
OK Amy. I got it. In the center panel there is a choise of "Bookmark Menu". When I click on that all my unorganized bookmarks appear and I can sort them. Thanks very much for your help.
Modified by artsiii
Press Ctrl + B for the side bar, if you want. Right click it to make new folders and other things.
Aw yea that works too. Great. Thanks folks
Wow that was intuitive... I should have know... Is that a Mac thing or something? Are menus getting old fashion? Or did they forget that small feature?