how to uninstall firebug
I am not at all technical and this is driving me crazy. Ever since installing FireBug, my Gmail and several other apps have been performing poorly. The Gmail support folks said that I should definitely uninstall FireBug, but of course, they didn't tell me how to.
I Google'd for "how to" instructions, but they all seemed to say, in effect, that FireBug is either an add-on or a plug-in and to just remove or disable it.
Well,, when I check FireFox, it says I don't FireBug installed as a plug-in *or* an add-on.
Yet when I check the F/F Toolbar - when I click on 'Tools" - FireBug is on the pull-down menu.
However, when I move myu cursor across and over to the choices for FirBug, it's no help: A) there's no "Uninstall", "Remove", "Deactivate" or "Disable" option; and, B) when I chose the FireBug's "Options" choice, it only allows me to disable FireBug for the current web site.
So, how - in simple, non-techie layperson's terms, do I get this @#%$@#@ FireBug off my PC? (smile)
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Firebug is an extension.