NEW TAB SELECTION NOT WORKING
The 'New Tab' selection under 'File' does not work.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
not sure, c 2 weeks ago?
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110319 AskTbTRL2/220.127.116.1190 Firefox/3.6.16
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.
There are a couple of places to check for the Ask toolbar:
- Check the Windows Control panel for the Ask Toolbar - http://about.ask.com/apn/toolbar/docs/default/faq/en/ff/index.html#na4
- Also check your list of extensions, you may be able to uninstall it from there - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Uninstalling+add-ons
Thanks Tony, all now restored to normality! John
I'm having the same problem, but it's not in Windows, it's on a Mac. I don't have the ask toolbar as far as I can see.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.