Why is progressive rendering of tables no longer active?
I have a web application that can generate a large table - this can take many minutes. This isn't a problem since individual rows were previosly displayed in 1-2 seconds. Now with FF4 it seems that large tables only display once they have finished loading (after the closing </table> tag is received), whereas with FF3 (as well as Chrome and Safari) they start rendering as soon as data is received.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
With intoduction of FF4
- SOE Web Installer
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Quick followup to this. The issue is resolved by setting html5.parser.enable to false in about:config.