The import option is greyed out, how do i imort my bookmarks from Safari
I've had FF on my computer for awhile, just recently I d/l'ed FF4. I would like to import my Safari bookmarks. However the "import" option, under the file menu is greyed out. How can I import my bookmarks.
Additional System Details
- Lala Download plug-in
- Loki Plugin v.3.1.0.05
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 184.108.40.2069
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.4
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 d180
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This can happen if you run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"
Thank you very much. While I'm very happy with Safari, I would like to explore Fire Fox, and the lack of the ability to import my bookmarks was very confusing. Thanks again for your help.
If that answer solved your support issue, please click the Helpful button next to the answer that solved your Firefox support issue, when you are logged in, so this thread gets marked as Solved.
It worked for me too. Thanks.