This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How can I change my address bar search engine from ask.com to google? Google is my search engine in the search bar to the right of the main address bar, but I want it for both.
All Replies (2)
Another solution for this particular problem.
- In the location bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove whatever's in there. You'll see it revert to "Default" and "String".
- Go to File | Exit
- Restart Firefox, go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Go to Tools | Options | General.
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.