How do I change what site opens in a new tab?
Every time I open a new tab, it opens in the Yahoo search engine. I just want to change it to either be blank or to a different page, but the Tools, Options, Tabs settings don't give you those options. It didn't always go straight to Yahoo, but some program I downloaded installed it and stuck it there.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Battlefield Play4Free Updater
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
Open Containing Folder
Hi, the same thing happened to me today But I realized that firefox errors are mostly about add-ons So firstly, right click on the blank part (menu bar, it's the line where it shows file, edit, view and etc) and check if there are any toolbar related things. For example if your tab kept on opening Yahoo check if there is a yahoo toolbar in there. Secondly, go click tools and add-ons. Search for Yahoo Toolbar and after you find it just delete it. Cause Toolbars in firefox are not handy
Modified by lolly12321
Thank you for your help lolly. For those who found this not helpful, it might not be exactly where you want to be, however, it does get you looking in the right location. You may find yourself needing to go to Firefox | Add-Ons | Extensions | and there you should find something that does not look right, disable it.