Firefox 4.0 is unrecognizable when I try to move to my applications folder.
Firefox downloads fine, but when try to put it in my applications folder there is a circle with a line through the Firefox icon and it will not install.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i tried to upgrade to 4.0
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 170
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11
Firefox 4 doesn't run on a PPC Mac.
Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
For Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Firefox 3.6.x can be found here: