For some reason my Bookmarks have been completely duplicated with the second set all ending in .URL in the name field. What caused this and how do I fix please?
Your kind support is greatly appreciated!!
Additional System Details
- Plug-in for Starfield utilities
- Plug-in for Web-Based Email
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 184.108.40.206
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Bookmarks > Organize > Restore and backup Try to backup your current bookmarks and then check whether any of the other available backups is okay.
Did you recently import bookmarks from IE ?
If all those bookmarks are bookmarks that you have in IE then try to remove them all and export the favorites in IE to an HTML file and import that HTML file in Firefox.
- Export the favorites in IE to an HTML file (bookmarks.html): File > Import and Export
- Import the HTML file in Firefox: Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import HTML: From File
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks ("Import from another browser" and "Import from file")
It's not an IE Import problem. These are native bookmarks.
Although, I am using the FireFox Sync 1.7 Add-On. I think it's causing the problem but can't get support or figure it out. Even after I delete duplicates with .URL at the end. I'll open the browser back up and they're back!! <sigh>
Many thanks for your support!! Katzman69