Firefox Sync "encounters an unknown error" since upgrading to Firefox 4
I've already tried resetting Sync on both desktops, I even went through "adding a device" on each one to add them back but still I just get the "Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error. Sync will automatically retry this action."
I'm really disappointed that an advertised feature of Firefox 4 should be giving me this much trouble when I had none with earlier versions.
Windows 7 x64 and Windows 7 x32, Firefox 4.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- DLM Netscape Plugin (220.127.116.11)
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Added devices again.
If you don't mind losing your synced data: Use "Deactivate This Device" option then "Setup Firefox Sync"->"Connect" -> "I don't have the device with me"-> Enter your Account and Password information and click on "I have lost my other device"->"Change Your Sync Key" pop-up windows should open, if not click on "I have lost my other device" again ->"Change Sync Key" Setup Complete window will appear, Finish, OK. Change Sync Options when the option first appears or after setup is complete. Warning: Backup your saved bookmarks, passwords before trying this. Also read: http://support.mozilla.com/sr-LATN/questions/777875
Deactivating and re-activating the device didn't fix this for me. (Windows XP, Firefox 4.0)
Modified by jelevin
I had to just create new accounts and then it worked perfectly.