Which Free Antivirus Program works BEST !
With Firefox ...... ? I've had AVG, Spyware Terminator and currently Avast. All have their +'s and -'s. I have a brick aka 5yo laptop that has served me well (I know where all the keys are - NOT) . What's your say, for a tight ass ?
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
If you have a genuine copy of windows XP then is Windows M$ Security Essentials available free. Effectively it can be considered as a free update to your existing operating system.
It may also be worth being pro-active, and considering
- obtaining virus removal tools and malware information, prior to any problem arising, because by then web access may be difficult. Look thro some of the existing threads for ideas and listings e.g. thread
- the backup and restore options
If you maintain total recovery backups, with backups of your data, then if you do get a virus etc., instead of struggling to remove it, it may be relatively quick and effective to just reformat and restore.
BTW I am not sure this subject is strictly on topic for deep discussion on the forum.