I UPDATED TO 4.0 AND MY NORTON AUTO LOGINS DOESNT WORK
when i call up a web site to log in, my norton does it auto. since i updated to firefox 4.0 it won,t do it . i have to type in every user and every password
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
when i uodate dto 4.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.9 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_15 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8 GTB6 FBSMTWB
Symantec need to update their Firefox add-ons so that they are compatible with Firefox 4. They have indicated that for Norton 360 they plan to release an update to Norton 360 to support Firefox 4 in early May - http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20100720113635EN&ln=en_US
I do not know about the time scale for updates for other Norton products. Pending the update by Symantec, if you want to use the Norton add-ons you will need to downgrade to Firefox 3.6.
To downgrade to Firefox 3.6 first uninstall Firefox 4, but do not select the option to "Remove my Firefox personal data". If you select that option it will delete your bookmarks, passwords and other user data.
You can then install the latest version of Firefox 3.6 available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html - it will automatically use your current bookmarks, passwords etc.
To avoid possible problems with downgrading, I recommend going to your profile folder and deleting the following files if they exist - extensions.cache, extensions.rdf, extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite and localstore.rdf. Deleting these files will force Firefox to rebuild the list of installed extensions, checking their compatibility, and reset toolbar customizations.
For details of how to find your profile folder see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles
Hi, do you know how to uninstall an application with a mac? I can't seem to find any option to do this?
I downloaded FF4 and apparently if you don't have an intel mac it refuses to run. I guess I have to uninstall, then reinstall an older version?
On a Mac you just need to drag and drop the application to the trash - http://guides.macrumors.com/Trash