firefox in GERMAN?
How can I change firefox-language to GERMAN ?? Since my download (new version 4), firefox works only in English, but I want GERMAN, as I had in version 3.6 before. Please, send a information for a non-expert !! Thanks a lot !!
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can get the German version of Firefox 4 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
You can then install that over your current version. After installing it you may need to change a hidden preference.
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- Locate the preference general.useragent.locale, if it is not set to de, double-click on it and change it.
Also, you can get the latest Firefox version in German from http://www.mozilla.org/de/firefox/new/