cant use any search engines bing , google,as soon I type a search Firefox 4 hangs
my firefox4 hangs as soon I try to load an search engines, Bling or google,cant copy URL as all freezes
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Winamp Application Detector
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I just upgraded to FF4 and I also find it hangs when I use any of the search engines. The Task Manager shows Firefox is grabbing more and more memory and is showing the "not responding" message. In Firefox the cursor wheel just spins and spins. I restarted FF using the "without add-ons" option and everything worked fine! How do I find out what add-ons I have installed? Presumably one of them is causing a problem.
I have been digging a bit more and discovered that my problem was the Bullguard Safe Browsing Toolbar extension. I've disabled it and FF4 now appears to be working ok. Well, I can use search engines now without FF hanging. It is reported that Bullguard are aware of the problem and are working on a fix! Hope this helps others.
I have been using ff for sometime now and the past month or so, everytime I go to type in the address bar or in the search engine, it freezes up and the wheel keeps spinning saying , not responding right now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 different times and still no luck, so I then went and disabled what add ons I have and still, nothing. I really wish someone could help me out with this, I dont like using IE and would love to have my ole trusted ff back. Is anyone else having this same problem ?