This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox will not load after a update, even in safe mode
I click on the firefox icon
It starts to load with the hourglass on the mouse thig going, then it does not start. I tried in the safe mode, It will not load
My Computer said it was updating fire fox just before that.
I have removed all the cookies everywhere using that CC Cleaner
I have restarted the computer
All Replies (3)
Done all the same here. Even created a new profile, cured all the world's diseases and it still doesn't work.
Run the Firefox program once as Administrator (right-click: Run as Administrator).
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly)
- How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox
If that doesn't help then do a clean reinstall.
- Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Don't remove personal data if you uninstall the current version.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
I went and Upgraded Firefox to Firefox 4
It said that Yahoo Toolbar and Nortain Toolbar were conflicting with Firefox and it disabled both of those toolbars. It works now