"home" icon has disappeared;must close and reload to return to home page.
I used to be able to return to the home page from anywhere on the web simply by clicking on the icon"little picture of a house" at the top of the page.The icon disappeared
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
not sure.I may have upgraded something
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- MSN® Toolbar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.5 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
The home icon is now on to at the far right.
The house icon is nowhere to be found! I don't know why updating has to wreck the way my brownser is set up. GIVE US BACK THE HOUSE ICON! I hate having to do a search or close every time I want to got to my home page. This is definitely NOT faster. The only thing at the far right is the close button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm beginning to seriously hate these web developers that forget that real people, and sometimes not techie savvy kids that are pulling our hair out every time we have to fight with the so-called 'updates'.
I'm having the problem plus the reload icon is gone.
See item #4 in the following (home being on the right was already mentioned)
You can make Firefox Firefox 5.0 look like Firefox 3.6.18, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 5.0, or 4.0.1, look like 3.6).
Here is how I got back the home page icon -- plus other navigation tools: Click on View > Toolbars > Navigation Toolbar
Modified by dmcfarla