Just installed Firefox4.0, then find it cannot open a new tab. For example, go to website http://www.baldwinschool.org, then click "admission." Nothing happened.
I just installed Firefox4.0 and found the trouble to open tab. For example, go to web: http://www.baldwinschool.org then click "news & calendar" It does not work. How can it be fixed?
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
lilidede, this is an unfortunate interaction between a new feature in Firefox and a bug in the web age in question; the net result is that the page decides that Firefox 4 is actually Internet Explorer and tries to use some Explorer-specific features. This doesn't work that well, of course.
This will need to be fixed by whoever maintains this web page. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644597 is tracking that happening.
I filled out the generic Baldwin contact form with information about this, but if you're affiliated with the school and know someone specific we could contact to get this fixed, that would be really helpful!