My fingerprint reader does not work with Firefox 4.
My HP elitebook fingerprint reader does not recognise webpages as a 'logon screen' which keeps the automatic username/password submission from working. It did work with the previous versions of firefox and only stopped working when I upgraded it to firefox 4.0.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Firefox updated to 4.0
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Definitely a make-it or break-it situation for me because I use my fingerprint reader for everyyyyything. It also doesn't work on Google Chrome, so I guess I'll be switching back to IE until it gets fixed...
When I loaded Firefox 4 I used the custom feature and did not overwrite 3.6. 3.6 still works with the fingerprint reader and will wait till the fix.
download and save Firefox 3.6 to your desktop for future installation. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older
Close Firefox 4, and uninstall it. Do not remove your personal data and settings, just the program.
Then finally you can reinstall Firefox 3.6.
hi how did you do that tho?
what did you do in the custom feature ?